Through the generous award of $20,000 from the Wenner-Gren Foundation and funding from the Institute of Ethnology and Cultural Anthropology, Adam Mickiewicz University, the IUAES Inter-Congress is able to financially support some participants.
The rules and criteria are as follows:
- We will provide financial support to those who actively participate in the conference (e.g. convene a panel or a workshop, present a paper).
- Only those earning 1000 EUR or less net income per month may apply but first consideration will go to those who earn less than 800 EUR net income per month.
- Priority will be given to early-career academics from overseas.
- Funding can cover:
– registration (should you receive the financial support, we will reimburse your registration costs. You will, however, have to pay the IUAES membership fee yourself);
– accommodation at the University’s student housing;
– travel (should you receive the financial support, we will reimburse your travel costs).
- You may not seek ‘double-funding’. Our aim is to support those who have no funding at all.
- In order to apply for financial support, you have to fill out the online application form.
Follow the steps below to access it.
1. For non-registered participants:
a) Register here
b) While registering, please select participation type “Low income (below 12 000 EUR/year) [Funding request]”
c) Complete your registration, including filling out the funding application form
2. For registered participants “Low income (below 12 000 EUR/year)”
a) Log in to your account here
b) Change your participation type to “Low income (below 12 000 EUR/year) [Funding requst]” (if you cannot see this category, contact us via e-mail)
c) Fill out the funding application form (scroll down to see it)
Please, fill out the online application form by 19th of May 2019. We will inform everyone about the results by the beginning of June.
In order to receive reimbursement, the delegates will have to provide receipts for their registration fee and/or their travel. Should a delegate not attend the conference for whatever reason (accident, family emergency, visa restriction, etc.), they will be expected to return the full sum.